555 FRIED SARDINES TAUSI CHOW FAN FRIED RICE
Heat cooking oil in a wok or stir-fry pan. Sauté garlic and onion. Add carrot, red bell pepper, cabbage and 555 Fried Sardines Tausi with its sauce. Add rice and egg. Mix thoroughly. Cook for 10 minutes with occasional stirring or until heated through. Season with salt, pepper and sesame oil for 2 more minutes over low heat.
Transfer in a platter and garnish with spring onions.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced cabbage
- 1-150 grams 555 Fried Sardines Tausi
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped spring onions
555 FRIED SARDINES ESCABECHE WITH CABBAGE AND TOFU
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- ½ cup diced fried tofu
- 1-155 grams 555 Fried Sardines Escabeche
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion and cabbage. Add tofu, sardines and chicken stock, spring onion and simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings.
555 SARDINES PIZZA
- 2 whole pizza crust, store bought
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 – 155 grams 555 Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 155 grams 555 Sardines in Tomato Sauce Hot and Spicy
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- pinch of oregano
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Spread ketchup over crust. Top with cheese, sardines, mushrooms, green bell pepper. Sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.
555 PREMIUM BOTTLED SARDINES TAPAS STYLE
- 1-230 grams 555 Premium Bottled Sardines, drained
- 10 pieces marinated boiled marble potatoes
- 2 hard cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 2 marinated red ripe tomatoes wedges
- 4 tablespoons marinated green and black olives
- 2 tablespoons cubed feta cheese
- Crostini or crackers
Arrange 555 Premium Bottled Sardines, potatoes, egg, tomato, olives, cheese and crostinis separately in small bowls or ramekins.
*To make Marinated Marble Potatoes: Boil 10 pieces marble potatoes until done. Peel and toss with ½ teaspoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
*To make Marinated Olives: Drain bottled green and black olives and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
*To make Marinated Tomato Wedges: Cut 2 pieces tomato into wedges and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
Makes 3 to 5 servings.
555 FRIED SARDINES BISTEK PANDESAL
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- ¼ cup sliced white onion
- 1-150 grams 555 Fried Sardines Bistek, halved lengthwise, reserve sauce
- 4 pieces large pandesal, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
In a fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add eggs and cook scrambled-style until slightly set. Stir in spring onion, remove from pan then set aside, keeping it warm. In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add onions and quickly stir fry for a few seconds until aromatic. Remove from heat and set aside.
To assemble, spread mayonnaise on the cut-side of the bottom-halve of pandesal. Add scrambled egg, 555 Fried Sardines Bistek and fried onions. Pour sauce on top then cap with the top half of pandesal. Repeat using remaining ingredients.
Makes 4 servings